More precisely, are you ready to entrust the solution of an important issue to a lawyer?
Sometimes it seems that it is easier to do everything you need yourself. But the bureaucratic machine leads into such jungle, from which the common man does not know how to get out. So, after suffering and spent nerves, an understanding comes that it is better to turn to a person who will help you figure it out. And in such cases, the lawyer becomes the last hope. Now it is important to make the right choice and trust a reliable professional. Therefore, the search for a lawyer should be approached with great responsibility.
First of all, you need to conduct a conversation with several candidates in order to determine the best one. During the conversation, the following questions should be clarified:
- How long has a lawyer been in practice?
- Are there many successful cases?
- Has he ever dealt with cases related to your case?
- Service cost?
- Will other people be involved in solving your problem?
- What are the additional costs?
- How often will you be updated on how things are going?
- Can a lawyer provide testimonials from previous clients?
- Please note that too high cost of services does not always mean good quality, and low cost does indicate the incompetence of a specialist or the low quality of the work performed.
Also, online legal advice (on the Lawyer.ua portal) is becoming more and more popular. After all, thanks to the Internet, you can find all the information about a human rights activist, read reviews and make the right choice. At the same time, there is no need to waste time on trips and office conversations, and the quality of assistance remains at a high level.
If the lawyer was able to clearly answer the questions asked, if you are satisfied with the cost of services and the deadlines for completing the task, these are good reasons to give preference to a particular specialist.
The solution of legal issues can now be carried out easily and efficiently. The main thing is not to be too lazy to find a good professional who will save you from the heavy burden of bureaucratic confusion. Trust trusted sources and you will be able to successfully solve seemingly unsolvable issues.
How do you find a lawyer?
Three ways: through the Internet, through ads or through the recommendations of friends and acquaintances. It all starts with a personal meeting.
– the lawyer, not seeing a single procedural document yet, assures that he will get your loved one out of prison with a 100% guarantee. No, it won’t pull it out;
– the lawyer’s website is replete with listings of titles and diplomas: letters of thanks, medals, the winner of the DIY contests, a TV presenter, the office is located in the president’s reception room (yes, this happens too!) – away from such “defenders”. Money here is taken for packaging, not for work;
– the lawyer asks to pay for his services immediately and for the entire period. Often, relatives do not even understand what is meant by the words “the entire period.” Stages of criminal prosecution: preliminary investigation, judicial investigation, appeal in an appeal, appeal in supervision, separately – appeal of violated rights and freedoms to the ECtHR;
– the lawyer cannot clearly articulate what exactly his work will be expressed in: what is the line of defense, what is the strategy and tactics at each stage of the defense;
– it is very dangerous if the lawyer immediately proposes to “resolve the issue” through the leadership of the investigative body or the prosecutor’s office. I will not preach the sinfulness of bribes, I will say rationally: any decision that seems to be in your favor can and most likely will be canceled by a higher authority. As soon as you show that you have the ability to raise money to pay for such “solutions”, a queue of people will line up for you to “solve” your issue. And problems will increase;
– when it becomes known which court the case goes to for consideration on the merits, the lawyer meaningfully hints that he has trusted people there, and in general this particular court is like his own.
If it so happened that you made a mistake with a lawyer, do not be afraid to change. Let it be through trial and error, but you will find that person, a professional who will fight and whom you will trust. There are more good people than bad people, and this also applies to lawyers.